Tuesday, May 12, 2009

jack's scripture wall


 Thank you all so much for your prayers throughout the last few months, and I know that many of you have continued praying through now. Please do! We still need every bit we can get. It's been a bit rough, but we continue to live minute by minute, day by day. Angi, who has been such a blessing to me, has been working on a memorial site for Jack that is absolutely beautiful. It has pictures and video that my own site does not have.

We went through and recorded all of the different verses we received from family and friends, as well as a lot of the verses we discovered through God's prompting, and we wanted to share them with you. There's a lot, so you may want to pace yourself. :) God touched our lives in many different ways with the different verses, and they are separated to reflect that. I pray that they would minister to you, and that you would hold on to them and use them in your life. The last section we added because we know that God is Lord. Even when we may not understand the way God will answer a prayer or seemingly not answer a prayer, God's wisdom is infinitely more appropriate than our own, and His plan sees things that we do not yet see but will. I hope these verses touch you. God bless you.


Be comforted

"Thy merciful kindness be for my comfort."

-Psalm 119:76 KJV

"He shelters you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection."

-Psalm 118:24 NLT

"This is the day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."

-Psalm 118:24

"I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you."

-John 14:18

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you."

-2 Thessalonians 2:16

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away. But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made in weakness.'"

-2 Corinthians 12:8-9

"Jesus called out to them, 'Don't be afraid. I am here.'"

-John 6:20

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him."

-Nahum 1:7

"In the night His song shall be with me - a prayer to the God of my life."

-Psalm 42:8 NKJV

"The Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion upon them in their sorrow."

-Isaiah 49:13 TLB

"For You have been a defense for the helpless, a defense for the needy in his distress; a refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat."

-Isaiah 25:4

"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy."

-Psalm 103:8

"The Lord always keeps His promises; He is gracious in all He does."

-Psalm 145:13

"For God alone, Oh my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from Him. He alone is my rock and my Salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken."

-Psalm 62:5-6

"Why are you so downcast, Oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God."

-Psalm 42:5

"Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me."

-Psalm 35:2

"He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge."

-Psalm 91:4

"Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

-Psalm 63:7-8

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

-Joshua 1:9

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart."

-Jeremiah 1:5

"Take my yoke uopon you, and learn from me, and you will find rest for your souls."

-Matthew 11:29

"Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord is the eternal rock."

-Isaiah 26:4

"How long, Oh Lord, will you look on and do nothing? Rescue me from their fierce attacks. Protect my life from these lions! Then I will thank you in front of the great assembly. I will praise you before all the people."

-Psalm 35:17-18

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you.'"

-Jeremiah 29:11-14

"Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently on the Lord."

-Psalm 27:14

"The Lord your God is with you! He is mighty to save! He takes great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing!"

-Zephaniah 3:17

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted."

-Psalm 34:18

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."

-Deuteronomy 33:27

"Be strong and of a good courage; fear not, nor be afraid, for the Lord thy God will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."

-Deuteronomy 31:6

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

-Matthew 11:28 KJV

"As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart."

-Isaiah 40:11

"But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you."

-1 Peter 5:10


Stay faithful

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

-John 5:24

"Be still and know I am God."

-Psalm 46:10

"Jesus said, 'Silence! Be still! Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?'"

-Mark 4:39-40

"For with God nothing will be impossible."

-Luke 1:37

"Jesus answered, 'This happened so the power of God could be seen in him.'"

-John 9:3

"Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross."

-Hebrews 12:1-2

"I tell you the truth: if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

-Matthew 17:20

"Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world."

-1 John 4:4

"Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart."

-Colossioans 4:2

"The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.'

-Luke 18:27

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

-Philippians 4:6-7

"Get behind me Satan! You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

-Mark 8:33

"I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in Heaven. For where two or more come together in my name, there I am with them."

-Matthew 18:19-20

"We will be with the Lord forever."

-1 Thessalonians 4:17

"Then Jesus told them, 'I tell you the truth, if you have faith and don't doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and it will happen. You can pray for anything, and if you have faith, you will receive it.'"

-Matthew 21:21-22

"..always giving thanks to God the father for everything."

-Ephesians 5:20

"Jesus said, 'Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.'"

-John 14:1

"The Lord says, 'I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer. I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with long life and give them my salvation."

-Psalm 91:14-16

"Then you will call, and the Lord will answer. You will cry for help, and He will say, 'Here I am.'"

-Isaiah 58:9

"Do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed."

-1 Peter 4:12-13

"When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and and pray to the Father, the creator of everything in Heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources, He will empower you with inner strength through His spirit."

-Ephesians 3:14-16

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

-Hebrews 4:16

"He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the kingdom of God your primary concern."

-Matthew 6:33

"The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the Saints in accordance with God's will. And we know that in all things God works for good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose."

-Romans 8:26-28

"Together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory. But if we are to share His glory, we must also share His suffering."

-Romans 8:17

"Exult in His holy name; rejoice, you who worship the Lord. Search for the Lord and for His strength; continually seek him."

-1 Chronicles 16:10-11

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

-Hebrews 11:1

"Those who know your name trust in you, for you, oh Lord, do not abandon those who search for you."

-Psalm 9:10

"But I am trusting you, Oh Lord, saying 'You are my God.'"

-Psalm 31:14

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and He will make your paths straight."

-Proverbs 3:5-6

"The Lord is near all those who call upon Him."

-Psalm 145:18

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

-Jeremiah 33:3 KJV


Prayers of healing


"And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

-John 14:13-14

"The Spirit alone gives eternal life. Human effort accomplishes nothing. And the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life."

-John 6:63-64

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."

-Isaiah 40:31

"Then your light shall break forth like the morning. Your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard."

-Isaiah 58:8

"Listen! The Lord's arm is not too weak to save you, nor is His ear too deaf to hear you call."

-Isaiah 59:1

"My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don't lose site of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."

-Proverbs 4:20-23

"Jesus said to Jairus, 'Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.'"

-Luke 8:50

"And Jesus said to him, 'Go, for your faith has healed you.'"

-Mark 10:52

"Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well."

-3 John 1:2


God is Sovereign


"Your eternal word, oh Lord, stands firm in Heaven. Your faithfulness extends to every generation, as enduring as the earth you created. Your regulations remain true to this day, for everything serves your plan. If your instructions hadn't sustained me with joy, I would have died in my misery. I will never forget your commandments, for by them you give me life. I am yours. Rescue me."

-Psalm 119:89-94 NLT


"For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our inner-most thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before His eyes and He is the one to whom we are accountable."

-Hebrews 4:12-13

"For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, oh God!"

-Psalm 139:13-17

"You were made in my image."

-Genesis 1:27

"I have heard all about you, Lord. I am filled with awe by your amazing works. In this time of our deep need, help us again as you did in years gone by. And in your anger, remember your mercy."

-Habakkuk 3:2

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

-Ephesians 3:20-21

"I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding His face from the house of Jacob. I will put my trust in Him."

-Isaiah 8:17

"They remembered that God was their rock, and the most high God their Redeemer."

-Psalm 78:35

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

-Psalm 18:2

"I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

-Isaiah 41:10

"Stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

-Exodus 14:13

"Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind."

-Job 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment