Friday, April 3, 2009

a time to mourn and a time to dance

A time to mourn and a time to dance.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity
under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, ...a time to mourn
and a time to dance" -Ecclesiastes 3:1-4

Yesterday, at 6:19 p.m., Jack Isaac left my arms and was carried by the arms of Christ. We prayed for his healing and God answered those prayers to the fullest. Jack received the ultimate healing. If there were ever one to take my place and care for my son, I would want it to be Jesus.

Jack was 58 days old. He is still so very loved, not only by us, but by everyone else who prayed for him and thought of him. The unexplained trials we go through in this life allow us to realize how great the promise of eternal life truly is, to know that one day there will be no more tears and no more suffering. My baby is feeling a bliss of a nature I can only imagine. Jack was a very special boy; I watched him endure things that most grown men could not stand. He had a soul that reached out to you and held on. His doctors and nurses were touched by his tenacity and the sheer willpower he exhibited throughout his brief time
period with us. I do not understand God's will or plans. I only know His will is holy, and our minds cannot comprehend it. Tony and I both know that Jack achieved everything God intended for him to do, and we celebrate that he is home. This day is just as much cause for joy as the day he was born, and we praise God for it. We were both so deeply moved by his presence. We are both
better parents, better spouses, better Christians for having known him, and
he will be missed. He will be mourned. He will be loved, now and for
the rest of our lives.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb, naked will I leave. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. May His name be praised." -Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment