Thursday, April 2, 2009

before you were born I set you apart

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart"

-Jeremiah 1:5

After much heavy deliberation and prayer, Angi and I have decided to take Jack off the different machines tomorrow morning. They will allow us to hold him, and we will until God takes him from our arms. We know that Christ Himself will carry him home, and that comforts us. We know that "God Himself will be with him. He will wipe away every tear from his eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things will be gone forever." God has blessed us with a child that has changed our lives. He has been so very strong, stronger than I could possibly imagine a two month old child could be. He has revealed to us that no matter how low in Spirit a person can go, He is there. "If I go up to Heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me." I pray that if you don't know my Father as the only hope that any of us have for comfort, that you will let Angi and I talk with you about Him. He has been the only stability in this whirlwind we have known, and we would love to share Him with you. He knows you better than you do.

Thank you for your irrepressible support. We value it more than any gift. Please pray that we would be continually comforted and continually reminded that Jack will be in the presence of God. How much better is it to be in the house of God than the house of man. Thank you and God bless.

"We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us." -2 Corinthians 1:7

-Tony, Angi, Gaige, and Jack

Together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory but if we are to share His glory we must also share His suffering.
Romans 8:17

No comments:

Post a Comment